Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Archery and Sewing

I have been sewing neckerchief's for the Boy Scouts. They will be going to Yellow Stone National Park in 3 weeks and some of the boys have lost theirs. We also have several new boys. Four are done, still need 9 more, I am making extras. These take a lot of time so my sewing hour is taken up and my quilt has been on hold, so has sewing for the homeless shelter. I wish I had more time to sew. The ladies in my group tell me I will have plenty of time when the kids are gone. That's True. Right now my family comes first.



This is Matthew at the Archery Range with Cub Scouts. He learned this during Cub Scout camp with smaller and cheaper equipment and then the Pack went to the Archery Range with real bows and arrows and he did great and loved it.


Over the weekend end we went to Las Cruces to take Brian to a Drum line meeting. Then we took off to El Paso, Texas. We drove around just looking at the city and showed the kids the Mexican Border. They did not realize how close the border is to us and now know why its in the news a lot.


We also got to peek into the windows of Brian's apartment. It is small and on the other side of the campus, but it will be perfect for him.


In other news, Kevin got his learners permit. So now he will be driving me around every where (pray for me). I get very nervous when the boys drive. I have also taken Emily out on a few driving lessons (she will get her permit next year). My mom gave Kevin my dad's truck (Toyota) and he is so excited to have his own vehicle. He is also is the process of looking for colleges. CSU and NMSU are on top of his list. He also got the results from his ACT test and boy he got a great score. He does not want me to post the score because he is thinking of take the test again to see if he can beat his own score.
Yesterday it rained. We had not seen that much rain in a while. It was a great site. Some of the streets (the main one's I drive on) flooded. Lucky we stayed home and enjoyed the rain. It also brought nice cool weather.
Better scoot I have a house to clean.
Take Care,
Erlinda


No comments: